Thursday, November 13, 2008

Whew...

Well, I clearly bit off more than I could chew this morning. I had been wanting to finish cooking the last pumpkin I cooked and I did this morning. We made a "fluffy pumpkin cheesecake pie" 2 dozen muffins AND 2 batches of cookies. The kids did GREAT while I was busy in the kitchen. I must honestly say I am very surprised. I am even almost caught up on the dishes. We have several busy weeks (who doesn't) ahead and I am trying to get the house in order, so I have many more projects to do today.

I wanted to share with you all something somewhat interesting. I got (like I am sure you did too) an email last year or maybe the year before about Vick Vapor Rub. The email suggested putting the rub on your child's feet when they can't sleep due to coughing. I have tried it a couple of times (including last night) and it really works! Just thought I would remind you of that since the season is right for all those yucky things. I just rub some on there and then put there socks on. Then you don't have to worry about their clothes sticking to them or any of those unpleasant things.

Okay well, I am off for now. I need to work on some laundry, finishing the dishes and cleaning out a cabinet.

1 comment:

The Roberts Eight said...

I've been meaning to ask you. Did you know you can freeze the pumpkin? That's what my mom always did. She would just measure into 1 or 2 cups, put it in the freezer and then pull it out whenever she needed it. Guess I should've told you before now, if you didn't know. Sorry!