Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Budget Update!

Okay, well as I suspected, this month will be harder to judge, since we will have company, and next month will likely be the same. Then January is when we usually take our family trip to Alabama to see our family. SO...I will do my best to keep posting just to show you what frugal finds I found! BUT it may honestly be a little later before I can show you how we do $160 a month. The MoneySavingMom breaks hers down and tries to only spend $40 per week. That is always my goal, but it usually works better for me to look at it on the one month scale. We also have a few rules that I may not have shared with you just yet about our grocery budget:

1. It is not a do or die type budget. We do understand (take this month for example) that things will change.
2. I get my grocery money in cash and I try VERY hard to stick to that budget. It usually works well. We had two very successful months before the holidays hit!
3. Any refunds I generate with my grocery budget get added to the grocery budget. For example, the turkey I bought during triple coupons, had a free after rebate offer on it. And the Just for Men, that $7 rebate, both of those will go into my grocery money. Also, any purchases I make at Walgreens I use my gift card. THAT means those don't come out of my grocery budget. Which is why I do often buy sugar, cream cheese, milk, etc at Walgreens.

I think that covers most of our rules. I will let you know as this keeps up how we have done. I went to Aldi's, Lowes Foods, and Walmart last night, but I don't have my receipts handy, so I can't tell you how awesome we did...I will tell you when I can though! I am thinking that even if I can keep the budget under $200 that would be good...what do you think?

Oh, and do you have questions? I would love to answer any questions, just let me know :)

No comments: