Monday, November 10, 2008

Can you say tired?

Okay well deal hunting can be a bit tiring. Let's see, since Thursday, I have been to Harris Teeter, 6 times. I added a Kroger in there. Then of course yesterday I went to CVS and Walgreens. I finally was done with the triple coupons at about 11:30 (hmm, that was a little too close to the end at Midnight) and crawled into be at about 1:30 am. After taking lots of photos for you of course!

So, I have been talking to many several people lately and, you all (at least I hope you are reading this) seem to want to know how I can provide our family with groceries and such for $160 a month. SO, what I am going to do (at least try to do) is post every purchase I make. That way you can see how we make it work!

That said, the next few months may be somewhat trying...with the holidays, my Daddy and Sister are coming in November! Then my Mom and Step Dad in Dec, finally in January, we will attempt to drive home to let our sweet Lydia meet the rest of the family. However, though all that I will try my best to keep my budget of $160 a month. We shall see.

To be able to easily follow this I will put a label on each post that goes with a certain month. For us, our month started on Friday (well I cheated and "borrowed" to make it start Thursday! So this month the post label will be "month 1" Let me know if you are really interested in this...I don't want to put the effort out there if there is no one to read it...

Well below you will see the beginnings of the month. We started strong!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm reading - I'm interested, lol :)

I got tired of thinking about being up at midnight, sheesh ;-)

The Copelands said...

You know I'm interested!

The Roberts Eight said...

I'm reading and interested although it's not going to help me...I just like seeing how you're doing it. :)

Anonymous said...

i am reading. only it is not going to help me either. however i am thinking of riding to evergreen with zac once a week to hit that cvs though i still am 100 miles from triple coupons. but i think its neat that you have so many options. i am looking forward to seeing you in action in a few weeks.

silly lilly's said...

keep it up girlie!

John and Brenden said...

So I think one key is that you have a husband willing to be... adventurous... for lack of a better word... and there's not lots of meat in your diet that I see. I could personally survive on cheerios and milk three meals a day and maybe even beat $160 a month. I think my kids would too. But not John-boy. That's not an excuse not to even try, I know I know. But it helps me reconcile things in my head... placing blame that is.