Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Exciting Afternoon!

Well, I am trying hard to stay within a REALLY strict budget this month. We are trying to save as much as possible to pay for a few things coming up. Matt and I had agreed to a very SMALL budget and I am trying to stay within an even smaller budget, so that I can contribute more to the savings.

That said, Nanna sent Joshua some money to pick out a pumpkin. (it was sent to Joshua b/c Nanna is proud of Joshua for learning scripture in Cubbies) However with the money she sent the boys BOTH picked out a pumpkin AND mommy picked one for cooking! I am so excited! I have about 2 quarts of cooked pumpkin in my fridge waiting for me to bake it into something yummy! Goal ONE for the afternoon.

Goal TWO...While at the grocery store a few moments ago, I found that they had bananas (the over ripe ones) on sale .29 per pound! YAY! So I will bake those into some yummy things when I am done with the pumpkin. I will wait to do them second b/c if I run out of time (don't know why that would happen since daddy is at school and I am home alone for the evening with the kids) they are much easier to freeze (at least I think they are!)

Stay tuned...I think there will be another post or two telling you what happened this afternoon! My goal is to do as much as possible with what I have. I am thinking breakfast foods for a REALLY long time. Pancakes (in both flavors), muffins (in both flavors), bread (in both flavors) chocolate chip cookies (in both flavors)...YUMMY

No comments: