Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Confessions

Okay, well last night was a total flop! Honestly I never even got the dishes done so that I could start cooking. SO I woke up this morning planning to throw together some pumpkin pancakes for the boys and much to my surprise, I am out of baking soda and brown sugar. Things needed for every recipe except one. (I had just enough, to make banana pancakes, well not really but it worked anyway) What a bummer. On the bright side of that I did get some recipes from the internet of things I am looking forward to trying. BUT the good news is...I had called a friend yesterday, who I knew baked and froze a good bit, to see about freezing cookies once they were baked. She didn't call back till today at lunch. She casually mentioned baby food! WOW I can make (well I really already did make) pumpkin baby food! Okay, so honestly, pumpkin cookies, muffins, bread or pancakes sound much better than baby food. BUT I know I will need some soon and I will still make all the other stuff...just add baby food to the list! YAY! I am excited. I have always wanted to make my own baby food and I already have, I just need to freeze it! Now that is something to get excited about!

So the confession is...I was so looking forward to telling you all what wonderful things I accomplished last night, you know, I really wanted to look like I have it all together here...truth is I don't. I really thought I had thought of everything to look like I was getting my money's worth from that silly pumpkin, but I had not even considered the baby food part. That is why I am blogging. To get ideas, share ideas and well, learn from each other. Maybe I will get some baking done tonight. Then maybe I can tell you what I accomplished. BUT even if I don't that can still be okay! Right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I looove making baby food!!! :) pumpkin was the one thing (lol, I'm sure there were more...) I never got around to though!