Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sweet Potatoes



While in Alabama Matt's grandfather gave us a 20 pound sack of sweet potatoes. There is no way we can eat all those sweet potatoes before they go bad, SO I decided to peel, cut up and boil about 20 potatoes this morning. I then added a little bit of brown sugar, a stick of butter and divided them into four dishes and stuck them in the freezer. We ate some prepared this way last night and we all really enjoyed them, even Lydia!! More homemade food for her! Tonight I am making sweet potatoe wedges...trying to be creative and think of new ways to eat sweet potatoes! (Though these are not really new, I usually add a ton of brown sugar, pecans, eggs and other things to the sweet potatoes and we haven't ever tried the wedges, I have heard of them but not tried them!)

No comments: