Saturday, January 24, 2009

Apples!

Well, I am not sure if you noticed or not, but in that last trip to Kroger, I bought a bunch of apples that were beginning to go bad...I had muffins in mind. I have a yummy recipe that has oatmeal, apples, and raisins. Well on the third batch, I ran out of raisins. SO, we ate a dozen this morning, then I put two dozen in the freezer...yummy for later.

However I still had some apples left. I really didn't want to wast them, and they didn't seem like they would be good to eat raw (they were browning just a little bit), so I made applesauce! YAY! Espcially since Lydia eats applesauce and oatmeal almost every morning. HOMEMADE applesauce! I am thrilled. And I must tell you that I have tried this before and FAILED miserably, but this time I simply peeled and diced the apples, added a LITTLE water and then put a top on them (in a sauce pan) and let them cook on low for a little while. OH how easy! I am so excited!

2 comments:

Amy said...

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/09/crockpot-applesauce-recipe.html

an even easier way to make homemade applesauce :)

The Chilsons said...

Thank you, Amy! I thought there had to be one out there! Now I know! Thanks for reading :)