Monday, January 26, 2009

More on the Sweet Potatoes



I really got tired of every Sweet Potato recipe calling for brown sugar and cinnamon. Don't get me wrong...I like those two ingredients, but we needed some variety. SO I found this recipe! It was pretty good, nothing GREAT but not too bad...
Sweet Potato Wedges, serves 4

Ingredients
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
freshly ground pepper

Directions
1 Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
2 Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into six wedges.
3 Mix with remaining ingredients in a bowl.
4 Toss gently to coat potatoes thoroughly.
5 Place wedges on a baking sheet without letting them touch and bake for 25 minutes or until very tender.

I doubled it and did not have cloves, so it was a little different, but I don't think it changed it too much.

No comments: