Wednesday, April 17, 2013

One more cloth......

I can't imagine why any guy would read this blog.  I really can't imagine why anyone would read it, but anyway.  IF YOU ARE A GUY.....DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER.

There.  You have been warned.  This is a very girlie post.  But one I am pretty excited to share.  This has REALLY changed things for me....in a VERY good way!

So....another thing that I no longer buy to throw away is...are you ready for this?  It's kinda gross.....feminine products.  Yes, I reuse my feminine products.....no, not my Always and Playtex, my Diva cup and my "Party In My Pants" pads.  Yes, I have PIMP pads....LOL!  I can't help but laugh everytime I say it.  I am so glad I wrote this post this morning.  I needed the laugh!

So, I know you are wondering why.....and fair enough.  This is another item that I thought I'd NEVER even try.  Just too far over the edge.  I mean we're crazy, frugal, a bit different, but this is just too much, or so I thought.  So the back story......

I have always had very heavy monthly cycles.  To the point that since our fourth was born, it's really been bad.  Like stop the world, change the schedule for the next two days, mom has to stay home kinda bad.  My hubby couldn't stand it.  It was really taking a toll on us and how active we are and he sent me to my midwives (we'll get back to that).  They gave me some suggestions (magnesium and ibuprofen) and said they really didn't think it would help and that I would likely need surgery. 

I don't jive with surgery.  That wasn't (isn't) on my radar and I really was not thrilled.  So I started to do some homework.  I found out that many traditional feminie products contain chemicals that actually encourage heavier bleeding.  You knowthat way you buy more products.  So, I decided I needed to get away from that as much as possible.

That's when I found my Diva Cup.  I LOVE it.  I have some friends that still struggle with it, but overall I love it.  It took me a few months to figure it out and get good at it, but once I did, I fell in love.  It is super easy to use....anywhere.  I was still using traditional pads as back up and overnight and such.  And I decided that too had to stop....and I found PARTY IN MY PANTS.

For the past two months I've been using these, with NO traditional products at all, as well as taking my "meds"....and guess what?  My cycles have been VERY managable!  :D  YAY!

I also have to tell you it's really nice when there is NOTHING to throw away.  Nothing to hide in the trash so the kids don't find it.....and.......they are really cute & comfy!

By the way, I bought my Diva cup from Vitacost.  If you are interested in one, you can buy it through this link and get $10 off (and I'll get $10 off my next purchase too!)!!

Now feel free to ask me any/all questions.....I totally am expecting it :)

No comments: