Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Along those lines.....

Another thing that makes our family a bit different from the norm is that we don't rush to the doctor or antibiotics to heal our bodies.  As a matter of fact, in the past two years since our youngest son was born, we (a family of six) have only had 3 antibiotics, total.  My son, the baby, ended up getting some right after birth, LONG STORY, for preventative care.  My husband has had one for a sinus infection right during Thanksgiving/Christmas.  He only did this b/c he is a produce manager and could NOT afford to be sick, so he went the easy way!  And I have had one, b/c I had a staff infection on my leg.  We didn't know there were other ways to treat that, and so we paniced and I took them.  Just after that my daughter got a staff infection that we were able to treat without antibiotics.  We also believe that we have fought off strep throat, pink eye, tummy bugs, colds and who knows what else with herbs and homeopathic medicines.  :)  It is fun, challenging and extremely rewarding to see your kids fight something naturally, knowing that you are able to help them strengthen their immune systems.

I also want to add that, I am very thankful for modern medicine!  I know that it is needed and that God has used it to heal many, MANY people.  I do not think it is all bad, I just try to use more natural, wholistic/holistic ways before we go the modern medical route!!

No comments: